Leek & potato soup – easy to make & delicious. What more could a vegan ask for?
1 leek, chopped
2 large potatoes (or 3 medium potatoes), chopped (you can leave their skin on, which is what I tend to do)
1 vegetable stock cube
Salt & pepper to garnish
1) Add the leek and potatoes a pot.
2) Add boiling water from the kettle (enough so that the veg are swimming and are not touching the bottom e.g. approx 1 litre) and stock cube.
3) Put the lid on the pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 12 mins, or until the potatoes are soft (i.e. you can poke through them with a knife with ease)
4) Carefully blend the soup with a hand blender to desired consistency.
5) Serve up with salt & pepper and enjoy!