1 bar of dark chocolate (make sure there’s no milk powder in it – check the ingredients!)
1 mori-nu tofu (alternatively, use the flesh of two soft avocados)
1/2 cup non-dairy milk or water
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
Sugar, to taste
1) Break up the chocolate and place in a glass pyrex bowl. Put the bowl in a sauce pan with water. Turn the hob on in order to heat the water up, which will melt the chocolate. Or microwave the chocolate.
2) Blend tofu/avocado, non-dairy milk/water, pinch of salt and vanilla extract. Transfer to bowl.
3) Add the melted chocolate and peanut butter and mix. Taste it – is it sweet enough? If not, add some sugar.
4) Once it is thoroughly mixed, transfer your mixture into desert bowls or in a shallow dish.
5) Put the chocolate mixture in the fridge and let it set for a couple of hours. Garnish with salted pistachio nuts (optional)
I have also tried this recipe with grated fresh ginger (added in the blender) and it was delicious!