I’m listing some of my dreams for the future so that one day I can look back and see if I fulfill them! It’s nice to think about the future because it gives you something to work towards, and helps you prioritise what’s important in life.
So, in no particular order I’d like to:
- Drive an electric car (powered wholly/ partly by renewable energy)
- Ensure that my home is powered by renewable energy
- Have lots of house plants (possibly in every room, if I can look after them all)
- Grow lots of vegetables, fruit and legumes
- Buy food from farmer’s markets & co-operatives (avoiding supermarkets as much as humanely possible, if not entirely)
- Have rescued dogs & cats from a shelter (and feed them homemade vegan food that is appropriate to their nutritional requirements)
- Possibly rescue ex-battery hens; possibly have honeybees (I’m not sure about these two though)
- Have a water butt to collect rain water
- Have an eco-toilet e.g. Geberit AquaClean
- Buy second hand furniture
- Buy organic linen/matresses/curtains/bedsheets etc.
- Not have a plastic shower curtain – in general to have as little plastic as possible in my life
- Become an active member of my community- help improve the community in some way
That is all I can think of for now, but if I think of anything else I will add it!
What are your dreams for the future? Do you think about the future much? I’m enjoying where I am in life at the moment, but I look forward to improving, particularly in terms of environmental sustainability.